Highland Rugby Club aim to drive a robust programme of learning and development to give our young players the best opportunity to succeed both on and off the field. Highland Academy will provide players at the club with a unique opportunity to be part of a flexible but structured programme based around the individual’s studies and/or work.
With the success of the current 1st XV, Raptors, Boy’s & Girls Youth squads, it is the aim of Highland Academy to produce 75% of the Highland 1st XV by 2025. This is an opportunity to create a Player Development Model based on ‘The Highland Way’ with a focus on developing the person and to support and sustain high level Rugby in the North of Scotland. We believe that players need to develop into well rounded people. The academy aims to support a player through their rugby, personal and education career – if our players succeed in their schooling they progress with their rugby.
Highland Rugby Academy is resourced by Highland Rugby Club with two full time Development Staff, two dedicated Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Specialist Coaches. Using state of the art Performance Analysis technology and one of the best Rugby facilities in the country. Therefore, it’s important that Highland Academy is sustainable as we look to future proof high level Rugby in the North of Scotland and provide the best opportunities for our players. The cost to be part of Highland Academy is £200 in total, but it can be broken down to 10 payments of £20 a month throughout the season.
Highland Academy is open to Boys and Girls from U13-U20 who have the drive and commitment to improve as a person and a player and take advantage of the opportunities and benefits being part of Highland Academy brings.
To pay for a place for the 2019/2020 Highland Academy season, please follow the relevant links below.
Highland Academy | 10 Installments
Highland Academy | One Off Payment
Highland Academy Players will benefit from the following:
- Academy Kit
- Individual Development Plans
- Strength & Conditioning x2 per week & Block Benchmarking
- Skills Session x1 per week
- Analysis & Performance Analysis using Playertek GPS Technology
- Food Diaries & Meal Plans
- Academy Camps (Pre Season, October & Easter Holidays)
- Priority Medical Cover
- 1x Skills Session with Highland 1st XV Coaches Per Month
- 1st XV Player Mentoring (Buddy Up)
- Access to 1st XV Game Days
- SportScotland, UHI/Inverness College & Scottish Rugby Workshops & Seminars
- Further Education & Higher Education Opportunities via UHI/Inverness College
- UKCC, World Rugby & Scottish Rugby Qualifications (16+)
- Caledonia Academy & SRU Academy Opportunities
If players need assistance to fund a place in the Academy, alternative assistance is available – Contact Iain Chisholm via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 13:37 - 24 Jun 2019 by Iain Chisholm